Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Observation 5 11/12/13

I expected my MicroAquarium to show some dead species today. Most people in my lab have found dead organisms in their aquariums. During my observation I found that all the organisms were flourishing. The Diatoms, Colpidiums, Rotifers, Elpaxis, and Litonotus were all growing in numbers and size. Using the table microscope, you could not move anywhere without seeing some kind of organism; however, I did not find any new organisms in my aquarium. The bacteria were all throughout and the green plants were still surviving in the MicroAquarium also. My MicroAquarium seemed to hold a good environment for all the organisms that lived in it during these 4-5 weeks. The Tennessee River has some interesting creatures living in it that I would have never known existed without my MicroAquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment